Hurricanes Irma and Maria rendered severe damage to the community centers that BVI children and other residents count on for the needed services that keep their communities strong. During the hurricanes, these centers were used for emergency shelter, but they, too, succumbed to the winds that were clocked in excess of 200 miles per hour.
Join us in helping the people of the BVI build back their facilities better, smarter, and stronger than ever before! Let's ensure that all families, neighborhoods, and future generations will have a place to gather safely and enjoy the services that communities need.
All funds raised will go toward providing the supplies, materials, and equipment requested by the community centers.
See photos of the aftermath, courtesy of first responder Barrie North, Upper Valley Rescue.
The following community centers need adopting:
- Agape Total Life Centre, Tortola
- Cane Garden Bay Community Centre, Tortola
- Carrot Bay Community Centre, Tortola
- Christine and Gertrude Warner Community Centre, Tortola
- East End Community Centre, Tortola
- George Christopher Community Centre, Tortola
- Long Trench Community Centre, Tortola
- Ashford Waters Community Centre, Virgin Gorda
- St. Ursula's Catholic Community Centre, Virgin Gorda